View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 12:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 141/136.5/125
BF:
Progress:

Our grocery bill is about the same as before because of the reasons already stated - basically not buying all the carby stuff and shopping for the sales. One thing I have noticed, though, is it takes us less time to do the shopping because we're just going around the outer isles in the store. No need to look for cereals and chips and stuff - just meat, dairy and veggies. Pretty cool in my book! I'm always looking to save some time. . . .

Someone mentioned earlier about it taking more time to cook and clean up than before. That was a real bummer to us, too. One thing we've done to try to help with that is we make up a lot of stuff and store or freeze it. I'll cook 10 or more hamburgers at a time, make some "chili", or even cook steaks then freeze in bags or containers. They all do well reheated in the microwave on low power. Last night we scrambled a dozen eggs for breakfasts this week (can reheat and put on cheese, sour cream, guacomole, salsa, etc.). We just keep those in the fridge. Good luck and hang in there!