View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 11:13
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Make sure to eat your veggies. Instead of having every meal revolve around meat and eggs, have it revolve around veggies occasionaly. Stirfry, fajotas, chef salads, and so on. Grab fish too. You can buy frozen samlon and white fish filets at the store in large bags. Then you just pull down 1 fillet and cook it as needed. Try experiemtning with cauliflower. It can be cooked and pureed, with a little doctoring it is just like mashed potatoes. It can also be grated then cooked for a fake rice. If you sautee the fake rice, then add cubed meat and some veggies you can make a pork/chicken fried rice that is just as good as any chinese resteraunt.

Look through the recipe forums here for new ideas, as well as other users journals. There are also LC cookbooks you can buy, such as "500 Low-Carb Recipes" by Dana Carpender.

Read Atkins and other books about nartural ways to combat the problems of going off HRTs. Soy based products can naturaly add estrogen to your body, and make for a nice change from meat all the time. There is also a soy milk called Soy Slender that has only 1 ECC. I use it instead of cream because of lactose intolerence. There are also low carb soy cheeses, meat replacements, shakes, and so on. Atkins also recomends certain suppliments to help, I can't remember what they are off the top of my head. You may want to search the web site.