View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 07:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/148/130 Female 5.00
BF:31% by the bmi
Progress: 60%

my bill does not go up unless i buy the lecarb icecream. i have always spent a lot on meats my hubby is a big meat eater. we have a meat every night. i just fix meals as usual and avoid the potatoes, pasta, bread, and desert if we have any.

meal suggestions 1 (chicken)
1 meat of choice
1 dark green veggie (the frozen ones are delish if fried in butter)

meat of choice (pork chops
squash (fried in butter)

#3 pastaless spagetti
brown the burger
put in casserole dish w/ favorite spagetti sauce ( one low sugar would be great the reg serves a lot so you would not really get that much. you do not have to use the whole jar or can. i like the mushroom and green pepper). add lots of cheese of your choice with onions, green peppers, and what ever you want. lots of mushrooms make up for the pasta loss.
*green salad w/ dressing

meat of choice/ the banquet salsbury steaks are good. (7 carbs per steak) i have had no trouble w/ them. or make your own
the already jar gravies are low in carbs so you could use them.
califlour mashed like mashed potatoes

cheeseburger steaks w/ onions
salad/ dressing or just mayo

you may already use these kinds of foods but if not...
you could rearange these so you do not have all the beef in a row. i hope these suggestions help.
this is some of the things we eat at my house no one is low carbing but me.so i make reg. mashed pot. and such and just avoid them. but since your whole family is doing it ...it should be easier for you.

try the recipes section: add a low carb cheese cake to one of the menus.

hope this helps. also check out my journal and others for menu ideas.