View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 02:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 201/154/140 Female 5ft4inches
BF:yes it is
Progress: 77%

Hi jules,
Can I be brutely honest? I don't think the time is exactly right for you, don't get me wrong you are going to be there in a matter of weeks, but it's not yet. The only reason I know is that everything you have written was me 3 months ago. I swear down to the letter, only you have been brave enough to admit it, and by doing that you have realised that you are only fooling yourself no-one else. I started reading LC and doing research 3 months ago but didn't mention to anyone in my family about it coz I actually felt that I wouldn't end up doing it anyway. I would sit and watch TV while my partner exercised in the next room, we used to do it together until I gave up yet again, I found excuses, and then the guilt caused me to eat more when he was in the other room, I even used to go into the kitchen and not put the light on so I wasn't seen!!!
Do you see where I'm going?
Point being that a month after first thinking about LC I seriously started, everything was different in my head. I had done the research had bought the food in and really planned it. I still only told my partner and kids what I was doing. I have taken it one day at a time but have never cheated (I hate that word) and I feel fantastic.
After my first 10 pounds I told my in-laws and parents and a few close friends. Now I have lost 20 pounds and have got 2 friends doing it and am waiting to get the book back from my in-laws so I can lend it out again. And don't worry about the exercise at first, give yourself a couple of weeks to get used to the WOE alone then the exercise will come. I didn't start exercising till week 4 and I hated exercise but because you can see the difference it makes it spurs you on, honest.
I don't know how this is coming across but I ment it to be helpful and to let you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel just that I think your light will be switched on in a week or two, and don't try to force it.

Good luck and come and shout at me in my journal if I have been out of order, or got it completely wrong, Hev.