Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 14:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/167.2/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by roza
Can anyone tell me if 20 carbs really is enough to be eating a day?

The amount of carbs required is a very individual thing. Some people have to keep their carbs low in order to continue losing weight. It varies by body metabolism, amount of exercise, etc. I would suggest you try adding 5 carbs/week and see if it slows down your weight loss (sorry, you will have to get on those horrible scales to accomplish this ) I'm still below 20 carbs/day on week 8 and it doesn't seem to be hurting me any.

Quote:
Also my friend told me i should be taking 6 vitamins tabs a day, is this true. I take Centrum 50+ even though i am only 41.

Hopefully you have a copy of DANDR (Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution). Get a copy if you can and turn to Chapter 23, Nutritional Supplements. You can also go to www.atkins.com website and look there. Here's the link right to the nutritional information. Compare what you are taking with the recommended levels and adjust accordingly. http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/11/30-6024.html .

Quote:
Also another friend is on this diet and is having terrible toileting problems.

I've heard increasing the fiber in the diet will help both loose bowels and constipation.

Hope the above give you some help.