View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 13:34

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 232/218/154
BF:dont know
Progress: 18%
Default Is 20 carbs a day enough?

Can anyone tell me if 20 carbs really is enough to be eating a day? I am going into my 6th week on the Atkins diet, and i have kept on the introduction. I am afraid to add anymore carbs because i do n't really know what to do. My friend told me today that i am treading on dangerous ground as i should be taking in about 50 carbs a day by now.

I am not sure of my weight at the moment, and i really don't want to weigh yet. Because i have been told to throw away the ketostix as they are unreliable i don't want to chance having more carbs and not losing any weight.

Also my friend told me i should be taking 6 vitamins tabs a day, is this true. I take Centrum 50+ even though i am only 41. She says there is not the needed amount in just 2. This i am really worried about i feel scared that i am risking my health if this is the case.
someone help please!

Also another friend is on this diet and is having terrible toileting problems her waste is coming out as water on a regular basis and she is very worried about losing essential minerals from her body. I have experianced a bit of this , but not as much as my poor friend Sue. She is comming off the diet as she says she feels worse from being on it.

If anyone can help with any information that i can you to encourage her i would be grateful.

thanks guys
Sponsored Links