Doctor Dirt

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth
Hi All;
Well...I have a colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow...so today is CLEAN-OUT day! LOL!

Best to all;
Jake

Hi Jake,

Is this your first colonoscopy?? Does your doctor have you taking phospho-fleet or do you have to drink that awful 4 gallons of other stuff? I don't mean to get too personal, but I went through this just 3 weeks ago (I'm a bit younger than the "normal" screening age, but I have a history of colon cancer in my family). Granted, the "cleaning out" wasn't all THAT pleasant, but not nearly as bad as I anticipated. The procedure itself was a breeze. They gave me the most WONDERFUL drug cocktail -- I hear that I was awake for the whole thing, but I don't remember a thing. Oh YEAH! Then when I went to the recovery room they wouldn't let me go until I had "passed gas" -- the ONLY time in my life that someone actually WANTED to me fart.

My doctor let me have hard candies the day before -- can you pick up some sugar-free ones?? That might help make the day less painful. And you'll be surprised how good bullion (sp?) tastes on around 4 in the afternoon when your tummy is really empty.

Best of luck. We'll all be thinking of you...

Jeannie