View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 08:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/240/200 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 56%

Okay so here is my story:
When I was 17 I started to notice thick white hair on my chin, then it turned to black and moved on my lip and sides of my cheeks. I could almost handle that...but then I noticed that my arm hair was changing and there seemed to be more and more hair sprouting up everywhere...my chest, stomach on my upper arms...it was unbelievably toturing and disgusting. I have always been overweight since I was in grade 3. I can remember in grade 6 eating and not stopping...I grew huge hips and everyhting changed. I have always been a healthy eater...my dad would forever bring fresh fruits and vegetables in the house from work...I'm sure I pigged out sometimes but to be this big and really not eat much more than my friends was crazy. About 5 years ago I read an article in Cosmo and it listed the symptoms of PCOS and said that you could do electrolysis, shave, wax or try androgen drugs. The thought of taking drugs was not appealling, but I went to the doctor anyways. She took all these tests and said they were normal and that it was hereditary....of course it is I did come from somewhere...but she never went further even when I gave her the article to read!!! So I switched doctors and he finally, after my begging and pleading sent me to and endcronologist. In December 2002 I finally got some answers and had some success. I'm not at the point in my life where I want to have kids, (as I am still trying to marry rich!!! ), but things have got to change and then I started this whole atkins program and have seen a major change. I now at a bit of a stall...but am trying to drink lots (I also take diamox for Benign Intercranial Hypertension BIH which is a diuretic ) and getting more into working out. Anyways thats the past ten years in a couple of paragraphs.
I must say that this whole hirsutism thing has got to be the worst part of PCOS!! and I can tell that most of you feel the same way. I hope they come out with a quick fix soon!!! No hair...svelt bodies...regular monthly friends etc....

Soleilsun