View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 17:14

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%

I am really impressed with your determination. I'm also concerned about a few of your choices. I think that by eating anything that is not on the induction list (shakes and bars) and by drinking the coffee with splenda and creme you are sabotaging yourself.

Let me explain. While I was on induction I followed the Atkins Induction plan to a tee. The one thing I didn't think about was the coffee I drank in the morning. I would have two mugs of decaf with 2 packets of splenda in each and a splash (Large) of half and half. When I found out about FitDay and put in my food choices, I found out that that innocent coffee that I enjoyed so much was costing me about 15 grams of carbs. I forgot that coffee comes from beans so of course it has carbs, that splenda is less than 1 carb but that could be .9 carbs and the half and half was 2 carbs per tbls. My splash was probably about 2-3 tbsps.

I still lost weight, but it was slow and now I'm losing very slowly after losing 40+ pounds. So I'm starting induction on Monday again. But this time I'm going strictly by the book. And I'm giving up coffee.