View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 16:43

Plan: low carb & Atkins
Stats: 318/296/195 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 18%

NeDave,

You may be right in being concerned about what this diet could do to your choleterol levels. However, many (most?) people who go on this diet for mosr then 2 months are people who are dagerously obese and being very obese is so much more dangerous then 10-20 points of cholesterol for a period of a year or so.
Being obese screws up your hormon levels, Insulin (yeah a hormon) levels, you joints, your heart, danger od stroks, diabetes, depression, quality of life, need I go on?
So, I, and many like me, took a calculated risk to go on the diet. Being 285+lb was very bad for me, my hormon level were low, I couldn't go anwhere or do anything physical, my insulin levels were going like an extreme ride at SixFlags, and I was on my way to being dead in a few years. And it is a horrible way to die.

So I said to my self: reaserch says that you cholesterol "may not go up" if you go on Atkins, and if they are wrong, it will go up for one year, thats all... and during that year I will lose 90lb and just by doing that my cholesterol will drop, and my testosteron will go up (helps for lowering cholesterol), and my blood pressure will go down, and my insulin will calm down, and my joints will work better, and Ill be able to see my toes and my d&ck without a mirror... I think I will take the risk and go on atkins.

Any diet you go on to lose weight is not good for you. You putting your body through stress because your body doesn't want to give up the fat. so if you need to lose 10lb you may chose one plan, and if you need to lose 100lb you may chose another..

But this is MHO, and it may not apply to other people...