#7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 15:46
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/210/195 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 29%
Post my .02 worth

Let me start by saying "wow"! All that ambition and motivation in 1 person. I'd like to address a few things that may help you out.

1) Induction(?) but no progress? - These rules are pretty strict. You'll find that deviation even in the smallest degree can have adverse effects on some people. Please, please try induction again with more attention to detail.

2) Workouts - wow! Again, I'm impressed. Most people think walking around the block is a workout. Yours sounds solid enough. One thing that does come to mind is muscle mass. You mentioned the "weight" isn't coming off. Do you mean FAT or POUNDS? I suggest a skin fold caliper to determind your body fat.

3) Factors - Age, sex, kids, hormones.. all things that can count against you down the road. Most people find that the older they get, the harder it is to do things. Just something to keep in mind. Don't get mad - we all have to deal with this one.

4) Calories - Not a big deal when on Atkins (as a rule), but it is possible to over do it. Consider your volume in VS volume out. Considering your exercise regeme, I don't think this is an issue for you.

5) Diet - kinda reflecting back on #1... FAT & Protein are your friends right now. Carbs can be too, but they have to be the right kinds. Please save your bars and shakes for OWL.

6) Vacation - Take this time to re-evaluate your plan. Eat sensibly when you're there and try not to binge. When you get back, you can start anew. And you can definately come here anytime for our support!

Good luck!