#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 01:12

Plan: Trying atkins
Stats: 155/147.5/115
BF:
Progress: 19%
Unhappy Low Carb makes me feel blah. I can't break this cycle

Hello.
I've been lowcarbing on and off for a few months now. Don't get me wrong, I like it and really believe in this way of eating. I'm not puffy and bloated anymore either and I love that. But every 4-6 weeks I get in this cycle. I do great for a few weeks then I get bored with the whole routine and start feeling blah and depressed like. I feel fatigued and my head gets all cloudy. Once I eat something high in sugar it's gone. It's NOT in my head, I really start feeling like this. I do not have any cravings. (nor depression, this just happens when I low carb for a while). I tried changing what I eat but it didn't help.

Another problem I have is that sometimes I even eat on an impulse. My aunt works in a bakery and will bring pastries over. I'll automatically grab one and eat it. Totally FORGETTING that I'm on Atkins and don't eat that junk. It's impulsive, not cravings. I have no idea why I do this. That's totally different then this blah feeling though and I have gotten somewhat better at controlling it.

This particular time I have also started exercising and weight training. I do weights about 3 times a week. I did fine for a week. The past 3 days I have no "umph" feeling to even wake up. I went from feeling energized when I wake up to blah. I was fighting it and figured OK so I won't exercise today, no big deal, I'll make it up tommorrow. Well that was 3 tommorrows ago and today is now the 4th day I don't feel like exercising. I thought it was because I was sticking to induction while exercising and that isn't enough carbs. But I went up to 30 carbs (added more vegetables) and that didn't make a difference. I also take all of my supplements.

I guess being stuck in a rut is no help. I have a 1yrold son, live with my parents (and they don't let anyone use the new stove so I can't be creative with the cooking), my bf is away for a few months, I don't have actual 'friends" just aquaintances and I work nights so I sleep most of the day and I'm up at night. I tend to be an emotional eater, but I have gotten a little better. I just don't understand why sugar would rid me of this blah feeling I get every 4-6 weeks? I am sick of this cycle and I am never going to lose weight if I don't figure out how to break it. I should've given up the last time this happened and I gained 10lbs. It's like why bother if I keep screwing up from something I can't even control? But I'm trying to overcome this I just don't know how too anymore. Typing this is actually keeping me away from the new cookies upstasirs. Why am I feeling like this? Is the blah, cloudy, depressed feeling normal and go away after a certain amount of time? Am I just doing something wrong that can easily be fixed?
Sponsored Links