#6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 12:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/139/120
BF:
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie
those sticks were origianlly intended for diabetic (type I) people who were in risk of ketoacidosis, and the best time for testing was in the morning.

in general, the color change on the stick means that you are burning fat, any fat, the fat you eat or you own body fat. For us (LC people) it is an indication that we do not burn carbs.... which is good.. I could be in ketosis for over a week and not lose (probably eating too much fat and protein), but I do not gain eaither,..

You eat TOO much fat?? And protien?? Isn't that what atkins is???
I think it would be almost impossible to get too much fat in a day----sheesh, getting it to 75% is a herculean task. Maybe what you intended to say is that you are just tkaing in too many calories _total_ to lose much fat.

As far as keto strips go, your color can vary all throughout the day. DON"T go by the intensity of color as much.....just look for the change to a pink tone. And just like with the scale, don't obsess. I notice that my keto sticks are much darker in color after exercise. Also on the days that I eat fewer calories, I show a darker color. So, it can vary for the "right" reasons......but, you shouldn't live and die by them. As for time of day, just do it at a time that works for you-----maybe test a strip an hour or so before eating a meal so that you know your food isn't affecting it.