#14   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 07:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/224.1/205 Male 70 inches
BF:39%/27.1%/20%
Progress: 68%

m0rgan

I KNOW, I KNOW! LOL I'm a bit...umm...err...can I say "anal" at times and not upset anyone.

I like to teach cycling from the techincal side because I believe that it will help people get more pleasure more quickly. I was lucky, I seemed to learn this stuff naturally plus I was too stupid to know what I was lacking. I did my first 100 mile ride after owning a bike for 4 and I had never ridden more than 15 miles in a day before. On top of that, no toe clips, no water bottle, didn't know what a gear chart was, didn't understand shifting patterns, wore blue jean cut offs ( ...THAT HURT!), and $5 in my pocket to buy snacks on the route. I still completed the ride in a respectable 8 hours and THAT is how I got started. ([In my best Homer Simpson] Gee Marge, I don't know WHY my butt was sooo sore, and my legs hurt sooo bad, and I feel soooo ill.)

I've helped a few novices along before they tossed their bikes to the great storage shed god. LOL I admit, it helps to do it in person but what the heck. At work most folks know that I am serious about starting right and I've even helped them pick out bikes at my favorite bike shop...honorary employee. LOL

Time to go ride!