#6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 05:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/133/120 Female 5' 5"
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

Quote:
The hardest part was dealing with people around me calling me a fool, and sharing their ignorant concerns about my health.

I completely understand this! In my personal opinion, people who want to lose weight with no effort get extremely jealous to see other people losing weight & can find nothing better to do than criticise the person who has whole-heartedly found a plan that works for them. I know that my best friend has huge issues with my carb dieting only because she wants to lose but has no will power and I have lost 12 pounds within 5 weeks of this diet. I've told her that I would coach her to help her through & just when I think she will start, she shows up with a milk shake from Arby's or cookies or a sandwich complete with bread.

I have learned to live with the idea that if I really want to lose weight & still actually be able to eat, I have to stick to this diet, even when others think it is ridiculous! It's a choice I have made for myself, nobody else.

As for kicking the cravings, I too was an EXTREME carbohydrate addict. Nobody I know even believed how much junk I ate until they saw it with their own eyes. The first week of the diet, I was pretty sure I was going to die! No caffiene.....how was I supposed to stay awake? No chocolate......how was I to make it through the menstrual cycle? No donuts.....need I say more! You just can't have breakfast w/o donuts, or so I thought. In the end, how badly do you want to lose weight - that's the only question you need to ask yourself. ATKINS WORKS! If you really, really, really want to lose, you can do it with this diet - I SWEAR! And you can do it rather quickly! I've lost 12 pounds in five weeks eating more than 20 carbs a day (induction is too strict for me) from the acceptable foods list and walking at least 2.5 miles five times a week. I am still tired though and don't know what to do about that but I know I am healthier now than before and the results end up being your motivation. If you sincerely want to lose weight, you will find a way to force yourself to rid your diet of those nasty carbs & commit to this diet. Again, it's all in how bad you want to lose weight. There's no "secret" or "pill" that will help you, it's all in your mind!

Good Luck,

Angie