#4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 01:41
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%
Default motivation

I started Atkins in March when I had a particularly frustrating day and got disgusted shopping for pants. I overheard some people next to me raving about Atkins and I checked it out online. When I found I could do it for no program fees, and it practically promised visible results in two weeks, I figured I'd give it a try.
I was the biggest carb junkie ever. Mt. Dew and M&Ms for breakfast, Donuts, whatever. Snack all day and eat a small bit of meat with a high carb dinner. This diet took away most of the foods I regularly ate. In a weird way, that made it easier. The hardest part was dealing with people around me calling me a fool, and sharing their ignorant concerns about my health.
I did manage to make it through the first two days-but on the third day my hunger was gone and I had a burst of energy that wouldn't let me sit still. I lost 8 pounds the first week and 9 the second. That becomes your motivation. No cookie tastes as good as significant weight loss feels. I have since done my reading for the Atkins way of life and have adopted it for the long haul. Keep trying. It is worth it and those shakey-desperate feelings for sweets will stop in a couple of days. One hint-the more you exercise in the beginning, the faster you burn off your sugar stores and the faster your insulin levels should stabilize to control cravings. Get out and walk!