#2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 22:38
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Hi CayCarrie,

Well I'm not an expert....but I'll give my 2 cents. During induction, it is extremely important that you follow the food guidelines set out. Bars and shakes may be useful during ongoing weight loss or maintenance, but should not be used during induction. Try to stick to whole foods. I am not a purponent of calorie counting...and I don't know what you eat on average, but I would suggest that if you are doing the exercise indicated that you fuel your body to do so......our bodies are just like a car as I am sure you know.....no fuel.....it does not want to go.

Great job at getting your water in....that is usually one of the hardest parts of when a person starts out.

My suggestion? I would start at induction again....using only the foods outlined in the induction phase....stay away from caffiene....nitrates...and put away the bars and shakes. Follow it to the T...no ifs ands or buts.....If you get through induction cleanly (no cheats) and still have not lost inches and/or weight.....then yes perhaps it's not the program for you or you are extrmeley metabolically resistant. Something that can be looked at at that time.

I know how frustrating it can be to do something and not see results....but sit down and look at your daily menu....are there things that you should not be eating on induction....are there hidden carbs? Remember, even the smallest and simplest things have carbs.....like gum! Each little bit adds up.

Give it a shot....it's really worth it....you have worked really hard and done really well to get to the point you are at today. Give Atkins way of eating a chance....follow it as written....and let us know how it works out for you.

Hope this helps a little. Have a great night & keep us posted on your progress.

Jo