View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 16:01

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

When I first started, my blood sugars were running 200+ during the day and rarely below 150 fasting. 100 is a perfectly normal blood sugar and you really don't want to try to raise it above that if you can help it but it may be a bit lower than what you are accustomed to. Dr. Bernstein recommends that you try to not raise your blood sugar more than 30 points after any meal. My daytime blood sugars now run right around 100 (sometimes a bit lower) and my fastings are between 80 and 90.
How soon after eating are you testing? Normal testing would be 2 hours after you begin eating (or 1 hour and 2 hours or beyond if you are testing how a particular food affects your blood sugar). The foods that you just ate are very low glycemic and also high in fat which would slow down the glycemic response of your body as well (this is a good thing...really!).
If I read correctly, you've only been low carbing for about a week and may still be going through carb withdrawals. Stick with it and eat whenever you feel hungry (just make it a low carb choice) and your blood sugars should become or stay quite stable.