Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 10:27
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Do you enjoy cooking?

Quote:
Another problem is that I am bored with eating red meat and other greasy things.

Then don't eat red meat. You said you were eating tuna and chicken, what about other poultry such as turkey, pheasant, or duck? What about tofu and fish? Load up on veggies and just use meat as an accompiment, getting extra protien from soy products and an occasional shake if you can eat soy.

Get various LC cookbooks, like one called "500 Low-Carb Recipes". Go through peoples journals on here and the recipe section for ideas. You want a cheese samwich, then fine, grab some LC bread and go for it, try cream cheese samwiches even. You can also flatten a chicken breast, roll up ham and cheese in it, then roll in breading and fry for a really filling mock cheese samwich. The moral is, get creative. Take your favorite recipes and see how you can alter them to be low carb using splenda and different flours. Try new foods from the allowed list, don't be afriad because you've never heard of it or tried it. I made a bok choy stirfry the other night that my non LC mom polished off all the left overs to last night.