View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 16:39
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

I know, I am preaching to the choir....it has been said here on this forum about a thousand times, but I can't resist saying it again: What is this obsession about the fact that if people go back to eating the foods that made them overweight in the first place, that means the way they were eating when they were LOSING didn't work?

Why would anyone think that losing weight on ANY kind of diet would somehow prevent you from gaining again no matter what you ate after you stopped "dieting"?

And by the way, my doctor also supports low carb. Here is one reason why: In January, 2003, my total cholesterol was 263. My bad cholesterol was terribly high, as were my triglyercide levels, though my good cholesterol was within normal limits (barely). I went on Atkins in mid to late February, and at the time of my next lipid panels done in June of 2003, I had lost 13 pounds. And the numbers?

Total cholesterol: 150 (down from 263 five months ago)
HDL (good cholesterol) 103 (way up)
LDL (bad cholesterol) 37 (way, way down)
Triglycerides: 47 (down from 160 five months ago)

And my doctor says he has never seen that kind of improvement from anyone taking Lipitor alone, and thinks it is a combination of weight loss and my current diet.

Signed,
Exasperated with these stupid media "reports"