Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 12:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleatx
I found a candy bar that is sweetened by Splenda rather than the malitol, etc. that makes such tummy troubles. It is made by the Carbolite company and is called At Last! The ingredients are erythitol, inulin, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor, roasted almonds, calcium carbonate, sodium caseinate, milk fat, natural/artifical flavors, maltodextrin, sucralose, magnesium oxide, zonc citrate and chromium chloride. It has 1.0 net carbs.

Of course, some of those ingredients may be fake sugars like malitol, etc. and I just don't know it - but I didn't have trouble with it.

Indeed, ERYTHRITOL is another sugar alcohol. Just the 'newest' variety in use in chocolate. Check out the article provided here (see over on the right under Quick Links?), The Truth About Low Carb Sweeteners Info.

Note that Splenda (sucralose) is AFTER such items as the erythritol and also the maltodextrin (which is another sugar often claimed as "No Sugar Added") in the Ingredients List. Means there's more erythritol and maltodextrin, of course. Buyer beware.