View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 08:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 246/240/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Thats great. I think we can all use a little encouragement sometimes Hogarth. I'm on week 4 of induction. I chart my weight once a week but weigh myself everyday even though its against my better judgement.

When we first start out this plan, its exciting and new. The first couple of weeks you really see the weight drop, pork rinds are your new best friend, instead of buying eggs by the dozen, you buy them by the case,You can just feel that sugary bloat melting away. You can't wait till the next time you have to pee and have the ketosticks sitting in a special place right by the toilet, you scream if someone drinks the last the 1/2 & 1/2 and theres only that horendous whole milk in the fridge.Its a time when you just feel fresh and new and alive and hopeful.

NOw its week 4 or 5, its month 6 or 7, and ya know what, maybe those porkrinds arn't quite so exciting, maybe you think to yourself "If I eat one more hard boiled egg I'm gonna barf", I'm in a stall. I want a drink...A real drink, I'm getting bored here, maybe I'll go out for some Hagendase (however you spell it)...you know, that sinfully delicious icecream.

The trick is make it new again, make it exciting, change the routine, try out different menus, treat yourself to a new outfit, manicure, day at the races. Whatever you do that'll be a treat.

When things get boring and the excitement is not as exciting, its time to look back, find out what motivated you, what your goals were, your plan to reach them, and then revise the plan, adding new things, deleting things that aren't working and remembering how far youv'e come already. Look in the mirror, be happy with what you see and imagine the finished product.flutterbye