Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesspp
Good morning Tamaranian......

I really don't like the new setup .. but working with computers as part of my job, I realize that changes are necessary .. and that people are going to complain because people don't like change and I feel bad for you because you can't please everyone ... but now I'm having some technical problems ...

--Trying to go back to previous pages in journals .. all I get is a blank screen .. not even headings or anything .. does this mean we lost all of our previous pages in our journals???

--I occassionally get errors saying that the "script on this page may cease up my computer" -- which it did from my home computer (dial up -- regular phone line -- no I don't live in the stone age ) However -- I also have gotten it on my office computer.

--Is "outside" coding .. such as HTML and VB still accepted ???

--Are pictures still going to be able to be posted??? Never mind -- I think I answered my own question for this one ...

--I'm also getting "server busy" -- is this just because of the confusion of the changeover??

--In trying to get into my own journal earlier .. the only way I could get it to come up was to make a post .. and then after the post was "submitted" -- my journal finally came up .. but all I could see wa the post I made from home this morning, and the post I just made in order to get it to come up .. Even though it says I have 145 pages .. does this mean that I lost everything prior to the changeover ???(from yesterday back??) (oh please say no )

I know I may not like the new changeover .. but I enjoy when I'm comfortable with something ... especially when I use it for entertainment .. cuz I'm the one that "has to figure out how things work" at work all the time .. I prefer to use things "mindlessly" .. however .. I have enjoyed this site way too much in the last 3ish years .. that a change is NOT going to send me away .. .. I think it was just too dramatic ...

So if you could help by answering my above questions .. I be VERY VERY VERY grateful ... IF I can find this thread again ..

Thank you .. and hang in there .. people just don't like change .. especially where the computer comes in .. geeze -- you should see what I go through in the small company I work for .. as I am the computer department .. .. and when I make a change .. I get bombarded from all over !!!!

The back button is browser dependant. If it doesn't work, use the page navigation and "next" "previous" links. But none of the journal pages are lost

HTML is no longer allowed, due to security reasons with java scripts. But you can use the vBcode tags, explained in the FAQ.

The "server bussy" notice is due to our forum currently rebuilding the search index of almost 1,000,000 posts, it will take some time to finish.

RE: previous posts: No post was lost. We made the change this morning, and didn't lose a single post. If you are not sure where you posted, use the search link under your post to find all your previous posts. It should be there

Wa'il