Thread: reaching goal
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 19:35

Plan: MINE
Stats: 143/112.4/119 Female 162cms (63+inches)
BF:35/?/20
Progress: 127%
Hi Happymom2,

I haven't done it myself yet but have you tried just increasing one food up 5 carbs a week as Atkins mentions in his book. You could try those carbs a little lower on the glycaemic index first then try others later. Maybe with doing babysteps here it won't be so scary and it will be easier for you to keep control over what you are eating. (NOTE: I need to do this too!)

The latter is something I need to learn as I tend to go from one extreme to another and I certainly don't recommend that you do that as that is a sure way to get unstuck.

I have heard that Pilates is good for our midsections (it strengthens our core muscles). My SIL is a Yogapilates instructor and she now looks longer and leaner.(she has literally 'grown' in height). I have borrowed a tape from the library and hope to start the exercises today.

There have also been some threads on the forum about a product called conjugated linoleic acid which apparently does wonders for belly fat (check the thread on this in the Schwarzbein forum as it contains some good links).

I think my skin on my tum is a bit loose too (I got really big with my two pregnancies and my girls are only 14 months apart in age) and I am thinking skin brushing might help that too.

Let us know how you go.