#12   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 18:09
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Hi Roch,

I'm sorry to hear that you gained 45 pounds, but glad to hear that you decided to take control of your eating. I think it is important after a lapse like that to make sure you understand why it happened so that it doesn't happen again. You've said you are addicted to carbs -- that is the first step -- but you still need to figure out why your addiction got the better of you after you had shaken it for a little while.

I remember you from when you were on the forum several months ago -- you were so desperate to lose weight quickly that I am wondering if that is what did you in. If I remember correctly, you kept going back to induction, went from low carb to low fat, and spent all your time looking for a very fast solution to your weight problem. It's been my experience that treating low carbing like a way of eating, instead of a diet, is less likely to lead to lapses and weight gain. Some people lose rapidly while treating it as a way of eating, but most of us lose somewhat slowly but steadily. I know you want to lose really rapidly, we all do, but if the weight doesn't stay off because we can't stick to the way we are eating, what is the point?