View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-03, 07:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/286/165 Female 66 inches
BF:46%/46%/22.5 or <
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up I agree, Liz.

I just recently had a discussion with a close friend about my need to lose an additional 140lbs. She was actually speechless. This is a very close friend of about 15yrs and she has always been very honest with me. But, I know the weight of man that she also knows who weighs what I weighed at my highest and I think that put it into perspective for her. When I tell those that are closest to me how much weight I've lost, they have just as hard of a time fathoming that. The truth is that most people of more "normal" size can't even grasp the concept of losing 20-30lbs. Maybe that is where a lot of the perception of the young teens comes from when they try to compare themselves to shrinky-dink models. At such small sizes, 10lbs seems like a huge amount. For me, 10lbs can come on from one bad day of eating.

Stardust, it has taken me much more than 25lbs to go down one size. I think as we get small, proportionally our sizes will fall off at a little small break b/c the overall weight loss is a bigger proportion. Did that make sense?

Anyway, I do find that with LC, I am one size smaller in clothing than I was on the way up at the same size. The extra bit of muscle makes that difference, I'm sure.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Shari