View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 13:58

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I don't necessarily plan on preordained "cheat" days, but they inexorably happen irrespectively anyway. So, I just sort of accept that the inevitable will occur, and try to keep a tabulation of how it affects me.

So far, I haven’t stalled nor has the extra carbs caused me to gain any weight. If anything, on my last cheat, the influx of carbs had the unintended consequence of lowering my weight. And I mean, that was a cheat! Full sugar Coke, double cheese burger on fresh sourdough baguette, café mocha with whipped cream, and a large piece of full sugared cheesecake.

In my view, planned cheat days aren’t all bad, if they’re planned, controlled, and engaged in both occasionally and sporadically. I mean, anyone seriously believe that abstaining from chocolate cake, ice cream, or apple pie for the rest of your life is realistically feasible?

I think the cheats will temper one’s urges before they become overwhelming precipitating that feared uncontrollable binge. As per the Wilde adage, “the only way to rid temptation is to yield to it.” In moderation, I think that will keep us on the straight and narrow for eating regimen we’ve chosen.

Just my view,

Frederick