View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 13:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/249/165 Female 71"
BF:fat, what fat? LOL
Progress: 37%
Default I've done it

hey guys...I've done the carb day thing...however the info I was given (take with grain of salt, but it makes sense)...the idea is to eat only high glycemic carbs for the day...becasue carbs cause insuling and insulin stores fat, you should avoid having fats that day also. It's like a 180. Anyway, you eat things like bread with jelly instead of bread with butter or Peanut butter. Ceareal with low fat milk... you can eat the sugary candies...just not chocolates etc...ice cream is a no no on this idea...sorry. but anyway, I tried this only becasue I had a stall for 6 weeks (NOTE: I know this tactic is not in teh atkins book). Anyway, it shocked my system and I imediately started losing weight. It could be becasue I was on a stall and my body caught up...who knows, but I haven't stalled since. I have consistently lost about 2 lbs sometimes more a week since then with no stalls. I'm trying to limit them though becasue it takes time to get back into ketosis. I think I will only do this when I stop losing again. The other info I was given was that this also helps resor leptin...a hormone that lets you body let go of fat stores...anyway, please look into this further before you take my word for all of this...this is just info I was given and my experience.