View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 16:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/139/120
BF:
Progress: 42%

Jake....I still think you need to eat more. I am all for counting calories when needed (I do it)..............but, it appears to me that you are sticking to strictly to the 10X goal weight as your calorie limitation. You've been hungry for a while here, and I'd hate to see that your body is saying EAT MORE and putting you into starvation mode (no fat loss) because it's not getting enough.

Inevitibly, that will happen......so, I'd say, go with 12X your goal weight. You are a big guy and can definitely use more calories and still lose well. Don't put yourself in the position of having eaten too little for too long and going into starvation. Better to up the calories a little to stave off YOUR starvation (hunger) and your BODY'S starvation (mode---stopping fat loss)!!

As for hunger, I find that the best remedy is a very high protien snack. While chewing on a small bit of steak doesn't sound like a great snack, once eaten, you never know the difference and the high protien & fat truly quench hunger.

Oh, and I wanted to mention this to everyone....on a related note....I have been taking Adkins "Dieters Advantage" supplement. It's intended to quench hunger pangs. IT WORKS! The label says to take 2 tablets 2x per day. I take 3 tablets with each meal. Since I've had to lower my calorie intake (to 12X goal weight approx), it has been a life saver!

Hang on!!!