View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 16:19
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Jake, trust me, we ALL have days like that. I had two weeks like that last month!

Just hang tough. It will pass. This is the time to allow yourself a small indulgence (with legal food) that will help curb those cravings. Your Atkins pancakes sound good. An early fave of mine was .5 cup of strawberries with devon cream. So sweet! I added that twice a week in about week 3 or 4.

You can also make a faux float with crushed ice, diet soda and a few tablespoons of heavy cream.

Fat is what curbs my cravings -- but in some delicious form! Nuts are good for this, especially macadamias.

I know that you plan to continue on Induction for a while yet, but you might consider adding in some new foods. You can do this and still stay at 20 carbs. I did, and so do many others on this forum. The extra variety really helps with cravings. And while veggies are reccomended first on the carb ladder, I was already eating veggies so I skipped to nuts and berries. And in DANDR, the Dr. said that they were often the first foods he told patients to add in.

The peanut butter cups in the recipe forum are also a nice treat once or twice a week. I get 8 cups out of the batch and so they come out to 2.7 net carbs each, using natural peanut butter.

Hope hunger means a whoosh for you!