View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 17:59

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 320/273.8/270 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 92%

I seem to have a foot in each camp of Atkins and Eades at the moment. I'm holding myself to the 30 grams of carbs since I have a long haul yet on the fat loss. And I calculated my LBM (plus what I thought I should increase here from 106lbs to 115-120 since I'm very tall, 106 seemed too low and I figure more muscle mass should also increase my metabolism) and try to shoot for around 140 or better in daily protein - with the rest made up from fat. And I'm finding that sticking around the 70% fat calories does seem to be assisting me in continuing weight loss - I'm averaging right now about 1/2 lb per day it seems - will have to see if that continues.
Using FitDay, I'm also finding that if I let my calories drop too low, ie under basal rate? - I seem to stick weightwise!.

I also keep to low carb fruits if I have fruit at all ie. berry fruits. I don't worry about high fat dairy, I just don't have a huge amount of it but when I do use it, I used heavy cream in stead of milk, full fat sour cream etc.