View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 17:21

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 201/186/135
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hey Sweater:

Just think of it this way...at least they know that something is going on with your system and they are working on it...when I was 19 ( now I am 31) I was told go on the pill, go off the pill, you don't try enough, you are trying to hard, your in menopause, no your just weird, go away we don't know what is wrong with you....that pretty much sums it all up...even though it is very scary to wonder the big what if...just know that there is so much more that people know now and that they acknowledge happening to women...I recently found out at my niece's wedding that my sister had been diagnosed with PCOS...she has three lovely grown children...yes, it was a little harder for her to get pregnant but not impossible...lots of women with PCOS get pregnant very easily and don't even know anything is "wrong" with them....just search for all the answers you can get and don't take no for an answer from your doctors..check out www.soulcysters.com for lots of information...and just remember to take it one day at a time and know that being younger and figuring out what is happening with your body puts you way ahead of the curve...by the way, I don't have children but that has been a choice so far not because I am infertile or anything...also know that you can have completely normal looking ovaries and still have PCOS...that is the way it is in my case...however, I am starting week 8 of new program and am feeling better than I have in years...energy is returning...I have had two periods in that time frame....an unheard of thought before....and I feel so satisied with my eating....I went of my glucopahge for about two and half weeks for some blood work but now I am slowly going back up on it and I ultimately I want to be off it for good...big bonus for the first time in years the scale is going down and not up...hang in there...don't ignore this issue with your body...be proactive and you will be in the best place possible when you are reay to have children...oh, another thing...many women who have PCOS who have been told you can't have children have found that taking glucophage enables them to get pregnant...and they found this out by accident so there is even more hope for you there...stop by my journal if you want to chat about things more...I have had a long time to figure some of this stuff out...now it has a name...DramaDame