Old Thu, Jul-19-01, 22:00
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Exclamation Atkins website gets a facelift ... and other interesting changes

hi all,

Well, I just visited www.atkinscenter.com , and it has changed since I last visited just a few days ago ..

- the program is no longer low-carbohydrate, it is "controlled carbohydrate"
- it's no longer the Diet Revolution, it's "the Atkins Nutritional Approach"
- it gets confusing where the old articles are still there talking about Induction, OWL and so on .... then other newer areas refer to Phase 1 and Phase 2. This is especially confusing, since Protein Power also divides its program into Phases ..
- there is this new concept, called "Net Atkins Carbs"
Quote:
Net Atkins Carbohydrates include only those carbohydrates that cause a noted impact on blood sugar. These values have been extrapolated from existing data available from the United States Department of Agriculture and other analytical sources.
This is not mentioned anywhere in the articles about the program ... it is however, prominent in the ads for the ice creams, bars and sweet treats. Also, the recipes, in the nutrient data, include the Net Atkins Carbs, which equal total carbs less fiber. Again, no mention of whether or not Net Atkins carbs are considered for all "Phases" of the program or not. Of course, we'll have to buy the book, when it comes out..

This is just my take on it. Anyone else??

Doreen
Sponsored Links