#23   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 09:49
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 267/248/195
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default low carb or reduced carb bread?

Hello everyone. I'm a relative newbie (been on induction for 14 days - plan on being on it for another 14 days).

When I started Atkins, I expected that the high-carb foods that I would miss the most would be pasta and rice. Well, it turns out that I miss bread the most. I guess I didn't realize how much I relied on sandwiches for lunch and late night snacks. I miss it dearly.

My question is, when I move into OWL, what lc breads would you recommend? I know that white bread is out of the question (which is what I primarily ate before Atkins). What brands of whole wheat bread would you recommend? I've seen some people on this forum say that the lc breads and tortillas are not very tasty. I've searched the regular grocery stores where I live and have found only one low carb bread. Actually, it's a "reduced" carb bread - Nature's Own Reduced Carb Premium Wheat Bread.. It has 5 net grams of carb per slice. I've had other Nature's Own types of breads and they were very tasty. Has anyone experimented with this one? Am I going to get myself into trouble by eating a reduced carb bread instead of a low carb bread?

I know I'm 2 weeks away from OWL, but I'm planning ahead. I'm looking forward to being able to add a slice or two of low or reduced carb bread as my first incremental addition of carbs. I really am looking forward to a chicken salad sandwich. Please help!

kdog - out