#7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 19:08
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Everyone!

How do I find out where my heart range should be when I am working out. I am confused. When I am on the treadmill I just ignore what it says but I can't figure out what is best for me in terms of heart range. I want to lose fat.

I read what kaypeeoh said:
Quote:
At low heart rates, you are burning a high percentage of fat. As you increase the heart rate the ratio of fat to carbs being burned shifts. At a sprint you are burning predominately carbs. But that's not necessarilly bad. Studies show that working at 90% of max heart rate stimulates Growth Hormone, which leads to accelerated fat loss for several hours after the exercise is over .
Should I alternate? I like the idea of "accelerated fat loss for several hours after exercise is over". I assume thats better for fat loss. Am I correct?

I have been really bad with my exercising but I have been trying to be more consistent this month. I tended to neglect my cardio and not do my weight lifting consistently. When I complete my 20-minure BFL cardio I do an hour on the treadmill fast paced walking well fast for me). I use the interval program the pace is pretty intense and I like it. I feel like I am working hard but I need to make sure I am working at the rate that will lead to most fat loss.

Peace
red