View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 07:31

Plan: modified Dr. A
Stats: 214.5/214.5/150 Male 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool

Ken, you did not have to apologize for anything because you answered my enquiry in 1.5 hours after I posted it, for which I thank you very much.

I found your comments very encouraging and I hope some of the other members of this Forum will have found this thread useful, because I noticed that there have been a few members make some enquiries about cholesterol problems.

Your weight drop of 57 lbs. within 10 months (I guess) is something I would want to be able to duplicate. Perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us slow losers what your daily menu consists of? Have you been sticking to a daily 20 gram carb induction diet all this time or have you increased the carb count to a maintenance level?

Am very happy to see your dramatic drop in you blood analysis.
Cholesterol down to 5,3
My blood test was done last October and the cholesterol was 5.74. My triglycerides was .85. My HDL was 1.21 and my LDL was calculated at 4.14. All this is before I started on the LC WOE in mid March this year.

I promised my Doctor to do another blood test this October, especially if I lose 30/40 lbs. It has been very slow losing weight, maybe because I have been on the CAD programme. I think I will have to go to the Atkins induction. I have truthfully not been counting carbs or using ketosticks.

My main concern with Dr. Atkins programme is that the cholesterol watching actually goes out the window if you keep to his low carb plan. It is easier to stay on his plan if you can bypass hunger pangs by eating the eggs, heavy cream, etc. Which to me does not 'compute'.

My pulse was hardily ever above 60. When I started on the medications it dropped below 50, and that is when I started to feel the lethargy set in.

I hope that this thread will be useful to the many other members who are in the same situation.

Regards
Joe