View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 20:00
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi Stephanie, glad to see you back...

... and Jenna, hugs and hello to you too.

Although you (and all the lurkers) only get to exprerience us as typewritten words on a webpage ... it's real flesh and blood people, who really mean it when we say, "Been there. Seen it. Done that." Heck, I even bought the T-shirt!

Have you ever watched skating competitions? Where they fall flat on their keesters, and get right back up and continue on with the flow of the music, and with the very next jump or spin or accomplishment, the tumble is forgotten ... it's a mere 0.5-point blip on the sum-total of the whole program.

It helped me to think of that when I used to cave in and gorge myself on brown rice or Wasa crackers. Generally, I felt so caaaacckkkk the next day ... and I would go through the self-recriminations, and the "I'm a failure and a complete flop" talk and then I'd come here, and post, and read that somebody else is having a bad day too, and there's something about being able to offer a little support and understanding to someone else ... that helps keep a person on the path, even if the path has bends and twists in it along the way.

Don't give up, and keep posting. It helps. And any lurkers out there, if something you've read here has helped you, let everyone know about it. It will make YOU feel some good

Doreen