Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 15:50
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default New Moon Rising, at last!

Today I started working out.

I've never had a regular excercise routine in my life, except the year I was in the color guard in high school. I've never belonged to a fitness center. I've never even dreamed of going near the contraptions and machines you would find in one. But last year a good friend offered to get me a membership as an early Christmas present (geesh, it was probably in Sept. or October) so I could go work out with him. He even put off joining himself for a few months until he decided I wasn't going to get off my butt and went ahead and joined and went without me. When I started living Atkins, I knew I had to incorporate some excercise into my rather low key lifestyle, so I agreed to start going as soon as I got settled into the food side of it and my new apartment (yeah, I may be slow to change but when I do, it is usually drastic!).

Today was the day. Not being the gym guru, I really couldn't tell you the "names" of what I did, I'm sure that will come later. But I did weights, both upper and lower body stuff. The owner of the club took me through it all and I tried really hard not to be self concious, even though my "buddy" was ribbing me on occasion. I'm pretty proud of myself and amazed at how quickly I began to feel at ease there. It is encouraging. Currently my plan is to go on Tuesdays and Thursdays (I think this coming Tuesday I will get in some cardio... Look out treadmill, here I come, LOL) and TRY to get in on the weekends if I can. I would definately go more often if arranging a sitter wasn't such a hard thing right now, but I am hoping that I will get something better lined out soon.

A few of my muscles sort of had that rubber band feeling afterwards. I know I will probably be sore later, but I think I can deal with that too.

Yay for me!
Sponsored Links