View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 18:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/136/140 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 109%

Well I did the spit into the water thing and in about 5-10 mins I did see some "sinkage" and jelly fish type behavior. Ofcourse those instructions weren't all that detailed so I have no idea what that actually means. I haven't a clue how to tell if I have a yeast problem or not. The DANDR pg 332 lists a whole host of yeast symptoms. I can answer yes to 7/15. I'm also on (and have been for months) antibiotics which is listed as a provoker on pg 333.

PG 335 says to cut all yeast-and mold-containing foods for 4-6 weeks although it lists mozzarella and cream cheese as being ok.

PG 336 says that Probiotics are good and to find one with Acidophilus but also bifidobacterium and bulgaricus. Ones that that do not have to be refrigereated are preferable (so he says but doesn't list why except that they don't need to be stored in a fridge! ).. Cannot be milk based either.

Caprylic or undecenylic acid, oil of oregano and olive leaf extract are also listed as helpers.

OK. so what I want to know is if there is a dead on yeast test or something. I'm taking mild antibiotics (doxycycline hyclate 50mg 2x/day) currently (and for one more month) to help clear up acne. That won't stop as I'd rather be 10 pounds overweight than start breaking out again. I don't care about spending money really, I mean of course I care but if buying those probiotics will do the trick (how long are you supposed to take them?) then I'm all for it. Cutting all cheese and molds out for 4-6 weeks though will be very difficult as I'm just adding this stuff back in because my fat % was so low..

sigh.. ideas?

Thanks