View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-00, 19:09

Plan: Schwarzbein/Somersize Combo
Stats: 154/136/127
BF:
Progress: 67%
Smile

Hi Teena, thought I'd add my two cents worth. I have been maintaining my 30lb loss for about 6 months. (I have to confess that I've always been good at maintaining but not so good at losing.)
I only have carbs a couple of times a day and have gotten used to not having certain foods and don't really miss them at all. When I get bored with what we have been eating I find a couple of new recipes and start a new batch of typical menu plans.
I have been having regular coffee with sugar at work, once a day and the odd Christmas cookie at parties but I always behave at home. Everyday for lunch I have a tortilla with chicken breast slices (deli), peppers, dill pickles, green peppers, cheese and mayo rolled up (essentially a "wrap"). The other night my sister & I were discussing the Xmas dinner menu. Turkey, bread stuffing, flour gravy, mashed potatoes and frozen peas!!! And did I want to bring a salad? I told her I'd bring mashed celery root and brocolli. She questioned why I couldn't go one day of the year without adhering to my low carb "diet". I told her that there is an excuse to cheat everyday especially this time of year and that I'd feel sick if I ate all that starch in one sitting when my body is so unused to it now. I think you have to pick what you are willing to give up and treat yourself to what is really important. I will have bread stuffing with my turkey,a small dessert & wine.
Hope that helps.