View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 10:07
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hmmmm. First, I have been married 31 years to the same lady. I have one grown daughter. I was raised in a house of just me and the Mom and my 3 baby sisters. See a pattern? Just me and the girls!
I learned a long time ago if I did not want my chitlins handed to me in a gunny sack to never fail to compliment when sincere and to try my level best not to comment if it was unflattering.
Now, wild guess, that from where you started your LC WOE to today there are hundreds of wonderful things to say nice about you. I KNOW there are dozens and dozens! And I don't even know you!
Trust me. Your husband is in the wrong over this one!
Best I can offer is that I am remarkably proud of you for the success you have managed! And it is remarkable. You have done so very good in gaining health for yourself.
Look around you. You have some very dear friends in here who care about you as a person. THAT has got to be worth at least one small smile today.

OK. You can frown again, now.

At some point, when you are feeling better, let your husband know how his comments hurt you. Unless he is a very callous person, he will make amends.

My best wishes for your day to get better and for you to know what a truly wonderful job you have already done at improving your health.