#6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 01:35

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up

Hi Abi

Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit washed out at the moment. It is interesting that it has taken this long at low carbing before you get to this stage, so I think that you can be easy that it is not really a low carbing problem.

I agree with much of what has been said. I do not know how many carbs you are having a day, but I would recommend that it should be at least 30 g a day by now. If you do a lot of exercise then you will need more. Your body does need some carbs and it needs to produce some insulin to keep the other beneficial hormones in balance. Plenty of water is also a good idea.

I do find that on some days when I am coming home from work I do feel a bit tired and washed out and it is my bodies way of saying that I'm ready for my next meal, so do not leave it to long between meals. Add in snacks, if appropriate.

On the supplements front I have always taken a multi vitamin and mineral tablet daily. I get mine from Holland and Barret where they contain many minerals. Over time I have added chelated potassium, 99 mg a day, as I was getting dizzy spells at the gym and magnesium, to help with leg cramps. Your body needs time to take these in and to make use of them throughout your body, but this is quite quick, three or four days. For completeness I also take a cod liver oil capsule and have always had extra vitamin C. In the past I have had extra chromium, but have not found this particularly beneficial.

I hope that you are soon feeling energised. I am happy to have been low carbing for nearly 2 years now and really love it.