View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 20:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

Peg,

You are overreacting from a few incidences as so many people do. Something happened which caused your well to be polluted. Wells do not have an eternal guarantee that the water will be unchanged. In fact, many wells are found to be contaminated by nature with unhealthy contaminants at the time they are drilled. Get a reverse osmosis water system which will remove all comtaminents from the water. I am on the city water system and I have one. City water is undrinkable, in my view.

People get killed in cars by the thousands, but we still keep driving. We risk our lives to go on an unnecessary leasure trip. There are positives and negative to everything is society.

I didn't say the leaves caused algae. The decaying autumn leaves in the creek absorbed all the oxygen and killed the fish.

Beautiful green lawns require kids and pets stay to off for a while as a precaution to a rare event. There is a trade off for everything. No biggie there.

We are going to keep producing farm products using chemicals because the risks are small and the benefits large.

As a teenager on the farm I was literally drenched in pesticides including DDT, Malathion and two others. My dad put four different pesticides in the tank. The 400 psi sprayer would drench a full grown apple tree in seconds, and the overspray was a blowing cloud of mist which left me with a pure white coat of pesticides as the moisture evaporated. I received more pesticide in one spraying than the average person receives in a lifetime. This was repeated for many years with several spraying each year. Both of my sisters have had cancer, one has heart disease and the other diabetes and IBD. Yet, I continue to be in perfect health with absolutely no discernable effect from the pesticide overdose. WAIT? Maybe the pesticides prevent cancer, heart disease, diabetes and IBD. That should be investigated. After all, I am living proof it is true.

Kent