#2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 05:44

Plan: atkins, now scarsdale-protein power
Stats: 136/127.5/125
BF:18.8%
Progress: 77%
Smile switching

Hi Nadz.
I made the switch about a month ago from Atkins to Protein Power , and i will say it made a huge difference! Protein power is more fruit and friendly per say- with the emphasis on the plan being protein of course.

On atkins, i kept losing and gaining the same few pounds, without really getting anywhere. (I didn't have much to lose.)But still i was very frustrated because i wasn't losing body fat either. I really think the bottom line was that i was taking in too many calories, and too many calories coming from fat. With Protein power the basis is to figure around your protein requirement(which makes sure that you get enough-important for trying to get leaner, not just weight loss.)

With Atkins most of my calories came from fat, which definitely works for some people, but fat racked up too many calories for me despite the fact that i was still in ketosis, i wasn't doing much.

Some people have a problem with fruit setting them off into a binge, but fruit actually makes me feel healthier, and with a balance of protein doesn't set off any cravings for me.

I was a little nervous making the switch, but it has very much paid off, especially with losing fat. Hope this helps you.