#14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 05:37
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hiya Bizzy!

To keep the fat up, I use olive oil in my salads and to cook with...lots of butter on veggies, eggs etc...and I use lots of mayo in chicken salad and tuna etc...they do add up the fat quickly and are a big help!

I eat alot of broccolli, as in often, but only 1 cup a day when I have it. It helps get the carbs abit higher for that day, and gives fiber...which helps when you get to the bathroom. My carbs usually end up around 15 with 6 being fiber so NET carbs at 9. I can go higher obviously...but it is not required...as Dr atkins says UNDER 20...he does not say to hit 20 EXACTLY.

Heavy cream is good also to raise fat...but I keep it limited to when I make pork rind french toast or the cream cheese pancakes. And I only have Those once per week, opting instead to stay with whole foods.

I am a SLOW weight loser, so I try to keep it very strict and follow the induction menu. I never cheat...never. My problem is I need to add in some exercise, and as my knees are very bad , walking is difficult for me. I am going to focus on trying some sit-ups, push-ups, and the sort.

Stress can slow weight loss also, keep in mind. But this is a joke as who today does not have stress!

You WILL do just fine...just keep in mind that it took time for the weight to get on you, and will take time for it to come off. Be patient, but diligent and you will be rewarded over the long-haul!

Best wishes;
Jake