View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 23:07
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

Since my earlier post (where I talk about eating lots of fruit), I have found that it is FAT that I need. There is a VERY good book called "Life Without Bread" that gets into the cellular level about low carb diets. The authors advocate eating only 6 bread units a day of carbs (72 grams). And they also advocate eating plenty of FAT (saturated fat as well - they say the heart muscle uses saturated fat as it's primary energy source). Bacon and Eggs fried in lots of Butter, and Chicken Skins are Heart Smart!

This book blames excess insulin for many modern illnesses. This book is so scientific and has years of actual clinical trials on many patients of these two doctors (the authors), that I thought I would try it out. I have been eating lots of butter and even cheese (no milk though - just want to get the FAT from dairy). I have been eating lots of meat (especially red meat), and very low carb (only one piece of fruit per day, salads, green veggies - no grains, legumes, starch, sugar). This book points out how many nutrients are in meat - far more than veggies.

I do agree with the concept of eating smaller portions of food every four or five hours. I have heard that if you go longer without food, your body will stop using (body) fat for energy and begin breaking down muscle. But, even when I eat lots of meat (not small portions) I still lose weight (and body fat). But, smaller portions more often is better.

I think the reason I was eating so much fruit before is I simply craved sugar for energy (because I was restricting fat - being fat phobic like so many people have become). Eating lots of fruit led me to many sugar cravings/binges, which I now don't have, since I am much more satiated and have so much more sustained energy eating lots of fat.

One thing is for sure... almost everybody's metabolism has been totally messed up by all the carbs that are found in modern diets. Just think how many carbs you ate as a child! It makes me cringe just to imagine what my pancreas has gone through! And the effects of all that excess insulin running around my body!

It is probably going to take some time for my body to fully get into better metabolic functioning. I am willing to continue striving to eat mainly animal products (including plenty of fat - even saturated), and small amounts of nuts, veggies, and very small amounts of fruit (and no grains, legumes, starch, sugar). I think the longer I do this, the healthier I will become.

Actually my theory on the best diet would be one that consisted of mainly wild game meat and fish (for the fat). This diet would have a much healthier balance of omega 6/9 essential fatty acids, as well as more/better nutrients, and less toxic substances than factory raised domestic animals.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?