View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 17:51
~strange as angels~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/249/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:51%/49%/30%
Progress: 7%

Dill pickles should be ok, and I think the shakes are ok on occasion.

From the Atkins website, here's the Rules Of Induction.

It is a bit confusing though, when it says "don't eat this" but then suggests eating it in the menu. My interpretation of it was to not eat that stuff during the first two weeks while you train your body to burn fat differently, but afte those two weeks you can ease them in, while still keeping your carb counts down. At least that's what seems to be working for me!

If you're not an egg eater, will you still eat quiche? Crustless quiche is what I had many mornings. I'd mix cheese, cream, eggs, and crisp bacon together with some seasonings & (maybe some spinach), liberally butter a glass pie plate and pour the mixture in and bake. It would make breakfast for my entire week.

I kept a bag of precooked sausage patties in my fridge during the first few weeks too (either buy 'em precooked or cook your own ahead of time); those were handy to grab as I ran out the door.

You can also have a ham & cheese "sandwich" in the morning: a slice of cheese sandwiched in between two slices of ham. Add more ham if you don't think it's filling enough.

Low carb cheese cake (with no crust) makes a nice breakfast too!