View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:05

Plan: my own (S.Beach-ish)
Stats: 272.5/264.5/150 Female 69in
BF:
Progress: 7%

Lisa, that's a great arrangement you have with your friends. I wish the people I knew gave a hoot about others' diets!

I do something similar. When we have people over, especially strangers, I have a little of everything. Usually meat, potatoes, several veggies, salad and a wholesome dessert. I haven't found anyone yet who doesn't like my cooking!

When we go somewhere else, its always a problem. So many people invite you over and have spaghetti with sugared sauce, white garlic bread and a sugary, fatty dessert I don't know what to do about this. I hate to offend people by not eating. Also I'm on a really tight budget and I know the cost and effort of preparing a meal for others. Still working on my diplomacy skills in this area.

Whoever was worried about kids retaliating to their oppressive WOE and becoming overweight bingers, I don't worry about it. My husband was raised on healthy homecooking and views junk food and fast food as absolute polluting garbage. I was raised not to waste money on "food" that has little nutritive value, and I believe it as strongly now as when I was twelve. So there's 2 people that prove, you tend to do what you did in the home you were raised in.

This is also proved by all the people who were raised on junk food and can't give it up now. You tend to stick with the familiar. I honestly can't imagine anyone in my family wishing they could eat white store bread and stop eating delicious, fresh whole grain bread that they help to bake themselves.