View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:15

Plan: my own (S.Beach-ish)
Stats: 272.5/264.5/150 Female 69in
BF:
Progress: 7%

I don't do it.

I have 3 little boys and have always fed them healthy food. They do not eat "low carb", neither does my husband. Their carbs are fresh, raw fruit, brown rice, occasional wheat pasta, Ezekiel bread, homemade bread, muffins or pancakes made with several grains.

The rest of their diet is meat and plenty of it, simply prepared, organic eggs, nuts, seeds, nut and seed milks, and vegetables by the truckload!

We all drink water when we're thirsty.

Occasionally Mike and the boys have herbal tea or hot carob to drink. I am not afraid to judiciously use maple syrup and local, raw honey for them, either but its not everyday. Also milk rarely. I make sure they get plenty of calcium from other sources. If I could get organic, raw milk we would use it.

The result of this WOE for my family...they are off the charts, height and weight-wise. Mike and the boys have clear, bright eyes and beautiful skin. Not any extra fat on any of them, but they are big and strong. Also great endurance, running or biking or hiking.

I intend to keep feeding my family this way. Strangers often comment on my boys' radiant health, and how active and fit Mike is at age 33.

It ain't just genetic, either. My oldest brother's family eats this way, with very similar results. Big, happy healthy kids. My second brother's family eats the SAD and their kids are often sick not to mention on the scrawny side But people believe in health or they don't.

Also my children are homeschooled, spend most of their days outdoors, and have muscle-building chores. They do not receive vaccinations except for tetanus and inactive polio, which I believe has greatly contributed to their health. We don't do "well-baby checkups" either. I did that for awhile and the children got sick every time we went to the doc's office! Now we only go if there's a problem that needs medication or something major.