View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/208/180 Female 5ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hi onebzzymom, I was reading your post and I just want to let you know, I stuck to Atkins true blue for 3 months and lost about 25 pounds. I was so happy, then I started looking for treats and i got into this cheesecake mode and all of a sudden I didn't lose for about 2 months. I didn't gain anything but I got discouraged not losing and instead of cutting out the cheesecake I just gave up and started eating bread, pasta, pizza....... Well, I'm glad to say I am now back. I started induction 1 week ago and have lost 8 pounds and feel fabulous again. I maintained taking my vitamins even after going off Atkins and when I started back on Atkins induction I didn't have any of the sick feelings I encountered the first time around. All I can say, is even if you're discouraged don't give up, it took me 9 months to come back to Atkins and I'm letting myself know that this is for life not for weight loss. The only regret I have is I gained back the 25 lbs plus another 10 so I'm starting right back where I was and have further to go. Don't ever give up, it's not worth it. you have to work harder and longer when you give up than if you adjust what you're doing now and keep going. Hidden carbs are a reality you have to watch because the smallest things will cause a set back. Sorry for the novel, hope it helps.